July 2021 Newsletter
Dear TBM Council Members,
Read below for recent updates and ways to engage this month:
June TBM Tuesday with Bain & Company – Watch the recording here
TBM Tuesdays is a monthly webinar series that provides a unique opportunity for the TBM community to hear global CxOs and technology leaders share their TBM stories and discuss issues that are top of mind for businesses today.
- On June 22, the TBM Council featured Vishy Padmanabhan, Partner & VP at Bain & Company, in a TBM Tuesday Fireside Chat. In this session, Vishy shared his perspective on how TBM and cost transparency helps organizations create value and achieve business outcomes. His presentation expanded on key insights in his recent article, A Better View of Technology Spending Improves Business Outcomes, which describes how real-time analytics, a product view of spending, and share accountability help executives see where the money is (and isn’t) generating value.
Global Job Board – TBM Roles
Join the TBM Job Board community for more information about these postings, get notified when a new job is posted, or post your own job opening
- Recent postings include:
- TBM Administrator at PG&E
- TBM Analyst at the Department of Veteran Affairs Office of Information & Technology
Quarterly Meetings – TBM Strategy Communities
Going forward, most of our workgroups will be known as Strategy Communities. This new name reflects the intended purpose of these collaborations: to define and promote TBM strategies for specific challenges (e.g. getting started with and adopting TBM, governing public cloud services, implementing agile-at-scale approaches), roles (e.g. CFOs of IT), and vertical industries (e.g. banking, healthcare, government).
We are in the process of reflecting this change on our website.
The TBM Council’s quarterly meetings for our industry Strategy Communities and Special Interest Group(s) (SIGs) are going on now! To ensure the broader TBM Council membership has visibility, please find the recordings of the latest meetings below:
- Banking Community – watch the recording of the June 8, 2021 quarterly meeting
- Transportation & Logistics Community – view the presentation from the June 9, 2021 meeting
- Healthcare Community – the meeting on June 10, 2021 was not recorded
- Government Community – watch the recording of the June 24, 2021 meeting
- Agile+TBM Community – watch the recording of the June 28, 2021 meeting
- Higher Education Community – RSVP for the next meeting on July 14, 2021
- Manufacturing Community – RSVP for the next meeting on July 15, 2021
- TBM4Cloud Community – RSVP for the next meeting on July 29, 2021
Update your Community Profile to Receive Targeted Communications
We’d love to curate TBM Council community content to deliver the topics that are most important to you! To do this, we need to know a bit more about you. Please take a few minutes and head over to your TBM Council Community Profile and update your Industry, your Job Role, your Specialties/Interests, and TBM Experience. The TBM Council Community will take it from there and start highlighting the areas that interest you the most!
In this newsletter, we would like to showcase the following events for the month of July:
Standards Webinars and Strategy Community Meetings
|Higher Education Strategy Community|
Co-chairs: Bill Kasenchar, University of Pennsylvania and Jerry Krawczyk, Pennsylvania State University
|1:00pm PT | 4:00pm ET||RSVP here|
|Standards Committee July Open Forum (US & APAC)||5:00pm PT | 8:00am SGT (+1 Day) | 10:00am AEST (+1 Day)||RSVP here|
|Standards Committee July Open Forum (US & EMEA)||8:00am PT | 11:00am ET | 4:00pm BST | 5:00pm CEST||RSVP here|
Manufacturing Strategy Community
Chair: Drew Frick, Becton Dickinson
|12:00pm PT | 3:00pm ET||RSVP here|
TBM4Cloud Strategy Community
Technical Advisor: Noa Monheimer and Matthew Gerow, Apptio
|8:00am PT | 11:00am ET | 4:00pm BST| 5:00pm CEST||RSVP here|
|TBM Executive Foundation Course – Online||8:00am ET | 1:00pm BST | 2:00pm CEST||Register here|
|TBM Executive Foundation Course – Online||4:00pm PT | 7:00pm ET | 7:00am SGT (+1 Day) | 9:00am AEST (+1 Day)||Register here|
|TBM Executive Primer (US & EMEA)||8:00am PT | 11:00am EST | 1:00pm BST | 2:00pm CEST||Register here|
As a reminder:
- TBM Council Online
- If you haven’t logged into your account yet, I encourage you to do so today at community.tbmcouncil.org.
- Strategy Communities
- We have TBMC4Agile, TBM4Cloud, and vertical industries. If you are interested in joining one, visit our website here.
- Need TBM-related education? Want to be a Certified TBM Executive? Please visit the website or contact us at email@example.com.
- TBM Conference 2020
- You can still register to view sessions on-demand anytime. Register here. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.