January 2022 Newsletter
Dear TBM Council Members,
Happy New Year! We at the TBM Council hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday season. You may have noticed the logo change on the online community for TBM Council members. We’re excited to announce that our online community will now be known as TBM Connect.
2021 State of TBM Research & Report
Throughout 2021, we engaged our community to better understand the adoption of TBM practices and principles, and to evaluate their impact on business outcomes. In August and September 2021, we surveyed 103 members representing over $115 billion in annual technology spending to quantify those practices and outcomes. Sponsored by our founder and technical advisor, Apptio, this report addressed these primary questions:
- How is TBM evolving as companies increasingly move away from on-premises technologies to public cloud services, and from project-based software development to more agile, product-focused approaches?
- How does TBM maturity correlate with business outcomes, such as reduced costs per customer and increased funding for change-the-business priorities?
- What are the common practices associated with TBM maturity and how well are they adopted?
TBM Council Strategy Communities
If you missed last quarter’s (Q4) Strategy Community meetings, you can view the recordings linked below.
- TBM4Cloud on October 19 at 8am PST – View the recording
- TBM Adoption on October 21 at 8am PST – View the recording
- TBM4Agile on October 27 at 8am PST – View the recording
- Government on October 26 at am PST – View the recording
- CFO of IT on October 28 at 8am PST – View the recording
- Healthcare on November 18 at 8am PST – View the recording
- Insurance on November 16 at 8am PST – View the recording
Q1 meetings are coming up soon. Join a Strategy Community now to stay up to date and participate in the next collaboration meeting.
Global TBM Job Board
Join the TBM Job Board community for more information about open positions, get notified when a new job is posted, or post your own job opening.
Recent postings include:
- IT Business Operations Analyst, Lead at NetJets
- Senior TBM Business Analyst at Standard Chartered Bank
- AVP – TBMA Technical Engineer at Chubb
- IT Business Management Manager at Emirates ENBD
- TBM Senior Financial Analyst at Markel Insurance
Update your TBM Connect Profile to Receive Targeted Communications
We’d love to curate TBM Connect content to deliver the topics that are most important to you! To do this, we need to know a bit more about you. Please take a few minutes and head over to your TBM Council membership profile on TBM Connect and update your Industry, your Job Role, your Specialties/Interests, and TBM Experience. TBM Connect will take it from there and start highlighting the areas that interest you the most!
As a reminder:
- TBM Connect: If you haven’t activated your membership profile in TBM Connect, I encourage you to do so today.
- Strategy Communities: If you are interested in joining one of the Strategy Communities, visit our website here.
- Education: Interested in TBM-related education? Want to be a Certified TBM Executive? Please visit the website or contact us at email@example.com.
- TBM Conference 2022: Save the Date for the 10th annual TBM Conference November 7-10, 2022!
General Manager & Sr. Director, Global Marketing
Technology Business Management (TBM) Council