January 2023 Newsletter
Dear TBM Council members,
Happy New Year! 2023 has officially begun (whether we’re ready or not!). We have great events coming up this year, with new dates posted for Executive Primers, TBM-Cloud Primers, Q1 Strategy Community Meetings, New Member Webinars (open to all Executive and Practitioner members), and the first TBM Tuesday of the year. Take a look at the events page and feel free to share with your colleagues.
Modernizing Annual investment Planning with Agile: Lowe’s TBM Journey
In the first TBM Tuesday of 2023 on February 28, Kelley Wendelborn, Chris Ross, and Anita Selman from Lowe’s, winner of the 2022 TBM Council Agile Evolution Award, will share how TBM helped modernize Lowe’s annual investment planning process by funding product teams with specific targeted value. Discussion topics will include:
- How TBM helps organizations understand costs and deliver strategic value to the enterprise
- The importance of a strong partnership between technology and finance teams
- How product TCO reporting and agile development help teams execute business requirements with incredible speed-to-market
- Using existing data to understand and capture value created
Want more? TBM Tuesdays On-Demand library is available online where you can filter between Agile Program Management, Cloud Center of Excellence, Executive Leadership, and Investment Analysis & Optimization topics.
TBM Council Membership Survey
The annual membership survey will close on January 31st. Please let us know: what topics are top of mind for you in 2023? How can the membership experience be improved? This is your TBM Community and your input will shape the experience for all members.
January Member Spotlight
This month, we are spotlighting Yuji Kumasaka, IT Governance Senior Manager at H2O Retailing Corporation. Kumasaka-San has been a TBM Council member since 2021 and has recently provided the TBM Community with a Japanese translation of the TBM Book, “Technology Business Management: The Four Value Conversations CIOs Must Have With Their Businesses”, written in 2016 by the TBM Council’s former VP of Standards and Education. Thank you for being a part of our community Kumasaka-San.
TBM Council events coming up:
New Member Webinar
7:00am PST | 10:00am EST
New Member Webinar
TBM Executive Foundation Course & Certification
9am EST | 12pm EST
TBM Executive Primer
1pm PST | 4pm EST
As a reminder:
- TBM Connect: If you haven’t activated your membership profile in TBM Connect, I encourage you to do so today.
- Resource Center: Peruse our list of whitepapers, infographics, TBM tools, and research reports
- Strategy Communities: If you are interested in joining one of the Strategy Communities, visit our website .
- Education: Interested in TBM-related education? Want to be a Certified TBM Executive? Please visit our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Global Job Board: Join the TBM Job Board community for more information about open positions, receive notifications about new job postings, or post your own job opening.
Technology Business Management (TBM) Council