March 2022 Newsletter
Dear TBM Council Members,
Welcome to the March newsletter for all things TBM Council!
TBM Council Member Spotlight
The TBM Council is launching a member spotlight series! Each month we will highlight a TBM Council Member who is truly embracing the power of our community. For March, we are proud to feature Matt Erickson, Senior Manager, IT Governance and Controls at Hub International for our first spotlight. Matt has been a member of the TBM Council since 2018. He has served as the Healthcare Strategy Community Co-Chair, presented at TBM Conference 2021, recently joined the Insurance Strategy Community, and also serves as a member of our Standards Committee. Thanks for being our March 2022 member spotlight, Matt!
Read more about Matt and the value he experiences from his TBM Council membership here.
Global Public Sector Events
May 11-12: Public Sector TBM & FinOps Summit (Washington, D.C. & Virtual)
The TBM Council is excited to be a partner at Apptio’s Public Sector Technology Business Management (TBM) and FinOps Summit! On May 11th, choose one of the User Group sessions and hear from:
- (Higher Education) TBM Council Standards Committee member, Bill Kasenchar (REI Systems)
- (State/Local) TBM Council Government Strategy Community Technical Advisor, Ashley Novallis (Apptio)
- (Federal) TBM Council Government Strategy Community Technical Advisor, Megan Sikora (Apptio)
Then in the afternoon, we will be offering the TBM Executive Primer (in-person), introducing the TBM Council’s framework of disciplines and value conversations for improving ITs contribution to business performance. Visit with the TBM Council team at our booth on May 12th in the Exhibit hall. Register here
April 6: Effective Ways to get a TBM Program off the Ground (Melbourne, Australia & Virtual)
Attend in person at the State Library Victoria or join virtually to hear from Zahid Arain, Finance Executive at eHealth NSW and Ben Allard, VP TBM Council APAC. Zahid and Ben will discuss a practical approach that has helped Australian State Government organisations take that important first step to get their programs moving with:
- A standard scenario
- Typical challenges
- Key stakeholders
- A sensible approach
Global Job Board
Join the TBM Job Board community for more information about open positions, get notified when a new job is posted, or post your own job opening.
Recent postings include:
- Manager Finance Solutions at Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Strategic Customer Success Advisor, Australia at Apptio
- TBM Manager at Zoetis Inc.
- Director, TBM Office at KPMG International
- TBMA Lead – Remote at MassMutual
- Apptio Developer at CVS Health
- TBMA/ Data Analyst at Intermountain Healthcare
TBM Council events coming up in March:
|New Member Webinar||7am PDT | 10am EDT | 2pm GMT | 3pm CET||Register here|
|New Member Webinar|
7am SGT | 8am JST | 10am AEDT
|TBM-for-Cloud Primer||7am PDT | 10am EDT | 3pm BST | 4pm CEST||Register here|
7am SGT | 8am JST | 10am AEDT
As a reminder:
- TBM Connect: If you haven’t activated your membership profile in TBM Connect, I encourage you to do so today.
- Strategy Communities: If you are interested in joining one of the Strategy Communities, visit our website here.
- Education: Interested in TBM-related education? Want to be a Certified TBM Executive? Please visit the website or contact us at email@example.com.
- TBM Conference 2022: Save the Date for the 10th annual TBM Conference November 7-10, 2022!
General Manager & Sr. Director, Global Marketing
Technology Business Management (TBM) Council