Discover How Leading Enterprises Use TBM to Manage the Impact of Public Cloud Consumption on Applications, Products, and Services
The Technology Business Management (TBM) for Cloud Primer is a short 2-hour introduction to applying TBM principles and tools to public cloud services. The course is designed for senior technology and finance leaders who need to understand how public cloud adoption impacts the cost of delivering solutions to their business partners or to consumers through digital applications. Learn from best practices taken from leading enterprises such as AIG, Liberty Mutual, HSBC, Goldman Sachs and others who have migrated significant workloads to the cloud. Discover how TBM and FinOps practices collaborate on key outcomes such as unit cost optimization, consumption management, and TCO reduction.
TBM program leaders, FinOps professionals, CIOs and CFOs should consider this course as part of a comprehensive approach for driving organizational adoption of business management practices and disciplines across both public cloud or hybrid environments. The course teaches:
- The unique financial and operational characteristics of public cloud services;
- How public cloud services impact the corporate financial statements (e.g., income statement, balance sheet);
- How CFOs and finance leaders need to embrace public cloud models and create optimal ways to consume them and control their costs;
- How public cloud services impact application, service, and product TCO, including how they impact a TBM cost model; and
- How public cloud services relate to the standard TBM taxonomy, which defines a common vernacular across finance, technology, and line-of-business leaders
Continuing Education Credits (CPE / CLP / CEU / CEC)
The TBM Council provides evidence of course completion to all students who take the course. The evidence may be used to help satisfy continuing education requirements (2 hours of credit) for certifications you hold, including the Certified TBM Executive® (CTBME), Certified Public Account® (CPA®), PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)® and more.