TBM Council Awards FAQ
How do I submit a nomination for the TBM Council Awards?
Simply click “nominate my team ” to start the submission process. We will accept nominations for the 2018 TBM Council Awards through Monday, April 30, 2018
How does the nomination process work and how long does it take to complete?
The nomination process includes two steps: 1) Complete the TBM Maturity Assessment and 2) Respond to an awards category questionnaire. Allow 10 minutes to complete the assessment and an hour to input your team’s responses in the category questionnaire.
What is the TBM Maturity Assessment?
The TBM Maturity Assessment evaluates your organization’s maturity across four areas: Understanding IT Costs, IT Optimization, Strategy and Planning, and Business Alignment. It was built to provide technology leaders with a tool to understand maturity across four pillars of TBM.
Do I need to select a specific award category when nominating my team?
Yes, you must select one award category. Each category has a unique questionnaire. The TBM Maturity Assessment is the first step in the nomination process and is designed to recommend the category/s for your team to apply to. You will be prompted to select your category at the completion of the TBM Maturity Assessment.
What are the award categories? Can I view the questionnaires?
There are three categories to choose from: IT Optimization, Strategy and Planning, and Business Alignment. You can view the full descriptions for each category and access the questionnaires from the following links:
My team recently adopted TBM. Are we eligible to apply?
Yes, we encourage organizations who are new to TBM to apply. We created a “Pacesetter” designation in each award category that recognizes teams that have made significant impact to their business with TBM in their first 18 months.
What is the selection process?
The TBM Maturity Assessment results and the category questionnaire responses are scored quantitatively and qualitatively to determine the finalists for each category. The finalists will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges consisting members of the TBM Council Board of Directors, TBM Council advisors, and principal members. The judges will select a winner in each category and a designated “Pacesetter” winner in each category. “Pacesetter” is defined as a nominee who has made significant impact to their business within the first 18 months of practicing TBM.
What is the TBM Community Award?
We’re excited to announce the new TBM Community Award. The global TBM community will vote for their favorite 2018 TBM Council Awards finalist. Between October 1, 2018 and November, 6 2018, finalist success stories will be shared with the TBM Community and beyond. The team with the most votes will take home this inaugural, peer-based award. The winner will be announced at the TBM Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.
What are the qualifications for being a TBM Council Awards nominee?
The TBM Council Awards are reserved for individuals who qualify for TBM Council general membership. These include IT or finance leaders, managers or senior practitioners from organizations with greater than $10M in overall IT budget. It’s simple to join the TBM Council. Click here to start your membership request.
When will I know if my team is a finalist?
All finalists will be notified in early May by email and/or phone.
What are my responsibilities if my team is selected as a finalist?
Finalists must complete the following steps:
- Sign a legal release granting permission for the TBM Council to create and share with the community a written case study and video success story.
- Participate in a one-hour phone interview to capture your success story. A written success story will be created from this interview and published on tbmcouncil.org, and shared with the community via email, blogs, and social posts. This interview must take place between April 30, 2018 and June 1, 2018.
- A video interview at your location to capture your teams story through their own voices. This video will be published on tbmcouncil.org and shared with the community through emails, blogs, and social posts. In addition, the video will be played at the TBM Council Awards Gala. The onsite video interview must take place between May 1, 2018 and August 15, 2018. Final approval must be granted by September 1, 2018.
- See our Past Recipients for examples of case studies and video interviews here.
- All content is to be reviewed and approved by the finalist prior to publication. We recommend you involve your Corporate Communications team if you receive a finalist notification. This will help ensure the review process moves efficiently.
- A press release to announce the two finalists in each category and a press release to announce and recognize the winners after the TBM Council Awards Gala.
All content will be reviewed and approved by the finalist prior to publication. We recommend you involve your Corporate Communications team if you receive a finalist notification. This will help ensure the review process moves efficiently.
When will I know if my team is a winner?
Each year we recognize the finalists at the TBM Council Awards Gala at the annual TBM Conference. This year, the gala will be held on Monday, November 5 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, Nevada
If I cannot attend the Technology Business Management Awards Gala can I still enter? Can I still win?
Yes, you can designate someone on your team to attend and accept the award on your behalf. If no one is available to accept the award, the TBM Council will choose a delegate to accept the award at the ceremony on your behalf.
Questions? Contact us at: [email protected]